Reboot board

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
leriks

Reboot board

Post by leriks »

Do anyone know a way from IDE code to reboot the Zuno board.
I have situations where I wiuld like to from code reboot the board.
PoltoS

Re: Reboot board

Post by PoltoS »

There is no way to do it except for a bit of ASM code (to turn on WatchDog and make a while (1); ). Or you can also connect some pin to Reset pin on programming connector.

But why do you want to do it?
joergm6

Post by joergm6 »

I would also need such a reboot. The AD converters report sometimes the same value (and then forever 26cm). I can even remove the sensor, remains the reported value. There is no special time, but possibly with a lot of Z-Wave radio traffic. Often it happens when the Z-Controller is restarted, but also simply between. Then z-uno power off/on is working again a while. I have tried all 4 AD ports. (Infrared Proximity Sensor - Sharp GP2Y0A21YK)
I have also tried with different times. Currently 1x per second. At shorter intervals (e.g., 50ms), it appears more often. A Z-Report is sent every 10s, if value changed.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Does it hand on 2.0.6 ? Can you show us your sketch and minimal h/wrequirements to reproduce it? Is Z-Uno still reachable via Z-Wave? Let us fix the problem instead of making hacks for user reset
joergm6

Post by joergm6 »

Yes, its 2.06 and the Z-Uno still works (4 switches).
The code is not secret and basic code :). I have leave original example code of the Sharp still contain (distanceRead). Please try it, because it happens faster here. Currently, I read only once per second and add up to 10 passes.
The end result is always 26cm in case of error. The specified Sharp can be used any AD port, always the same result. I have also tested other Sharp sensor.

PS: but I'm not the thread creator, he can have a very different problem . :roll:
Attachments
TestZuno.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed funnybhow you have hijacked the thread ;)

We have seen similar report on ADC freezing on a specific value (406 in ADC). Will check it
joergm6

Post by joergm6 »

Thank you for the information. I hope then on the next version.
I have observed a bit. ADC ALWAYS freezes when the Z controller is restarted. (Raspberry / Razberry2 / Domoticz). So must have something to do with the Z-Wave transmission. The digial PINs 19-22 also have a problem here.
leriks

Post by leriks »

I started the thread.
My problem is that i have a light sensor that works fine but frezes on a specifik value. The (Vera plus in my case) Z-wave controler after that reports the frozen value until I reboot by removing power cord.
After rebooting the board works fine.

That is where I would like to from code reboot the board.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Ok, this is on our desk, we will check it.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please confirm that the problem with freezing value happens on ADC2 (pin 5). Does it happen on others too?

What was your problem with 19-22? We have seen reports that Z-Uno changes their state on RF commands - we will check this after releasing 2.0.7.