Homeseer and multiple sensors?

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
ALittleSlow

Re: Homeseer and multiple sensors?

Post by ALittleSlow »

A little more information.
For the luminance sensor error in Homeseer, the Z-Wave plugin was still complaining about scale being missing. I unchecked the "has scale" box in the node Status Graphics , saved, re-checked the box and saved. The error message went away and the luminance is now showing a "%" after the value.
ALittleSlow

Post by ALittleSlow »

Confirmed. The scale problem in luminance prevented the temperature sensor from installing.
I only changed the ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS as follows in the Certified_10Channels.ino:

Code: Select all

// Set up 10 channels
ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
  ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch1, setterSwitch1),
  ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch2, setterSwitch2),
  ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch3, setterSwitch3),
  ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getterDim1, setterDim1),
  ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getterDim2, setterDim2),
  ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getterDim3, setterDim3),
  ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_MOTION(getterMotion),
  ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TEMPERATURE(getterTemperature),
  ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_DOOR_WINDOW(getterDoor)
);
//  ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_LUMINANCE, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SCALE_PERCENTAGE_VALUE, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_ONE_BYTE, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ZERO_DECIMALS, getterLuminance),
Here is the inclusion log

Add Node started...
Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
A new node is being added...
Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
Done. Node 28 Added. 
Reloading (importing) node information...
Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 28, ID: 277=115H (Z-Wave.Me), Type: 272=110H, ID: 1=1H
Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 28
Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 28, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...
Getting SECURITY class information for node 28
Node: 28 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, BASIC, SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, SENSOR_BINARY, NOTIFICATION_V3, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, POWERLEVEL, SECURITY, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
Node: 28 Supports Secure Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, SENSOR_BINARY, NOTIFICATION_V3, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, CONFIGURATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, ASSOCIATION, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3
Node: 28 Controls Class(es): BASIC, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3
Node: 28 Controls Secure Class(es): BASIC, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3
Node 28 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.05 App: 2.9
Node 28 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
All associations for node 28 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (2 groups) from Node 28...
Node 28 is a V2 Binary Sensor. Supported Sensors: Motion
Root Node Device Node 28 Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Switch Binary was created for node 28 on network F880019A
Julia St Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 28 Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Switch Binary (Node 28, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
Julia St Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 28 Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Switch Binary (Node 28, Group 2, Endpoint 2) to HomeSeer
12 out of 12 Child devices of node 28 were created successfully.
Finished.
The temperature value is not being received properly by the Homeseer. It shows 0 regardless of the sensor value (confirmed by displaying the value over Serial.println()). In fact, I can't verify that any values are being received for any of the channels.

I changed to the more simple ControlRelay.ino example. I have good control of the attached relay, but the Device List reports a value of "Unknown", and the log file shows errors (below). However the Advanced tab shows a valid value and status (for example "255 = ON").

Aug-02 23:43:54	 	Z-Wave	Device: Node 31 Z-Wave Switch Binary 1 Set to INVALID VALUE
Aug-02 23:43:53	 	Device Control	Device: Node 31 Z-Wave Switch Binary 1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
Aug-02 23:43:50	 	Z-Wave	Device: Node 31 Z-Wave Switch Binary 1 Set to INVALID VALUE
Aug-02 23:43:49	 	Device Control	Device: Node 31 Z-Wave Switch Binary 1 to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
Are there suggestions for what to try next?
ALittleSlow

Post by ALittleSlow »

I have had some success, finally. I turned off security and now Homeseer is accepting values from the Z-Uno. I have had similar issues before just due to communication failures, so I will try to rule that out.

There is still the issue with the luminance scale.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hello!

HomeSeer team was very kind to have a look in this problem and they have fixed the problem in their Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.146 which is in the BETA section of the plugins page. Please give it a try and report us if this helped to solve tour problem.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If you still experience problems with HomeSeer, please let us know, we will work with HS team to solve them (if it is on their side)