Kommunikation at ZWave-protocoll only at 9600Baud

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
A.Harrenberg

Kommunikation at ZWave-protocoll only at 9600Baud

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

this is more of an internal question, but I noticed that one of my Z-Uno is only communicating at 9600 Baud with my UZB controller, while the other two are working on 100k datarate.

I know that in case of missing ACK the device will try to re-transmit, re-route and finally decrease the data rate, but I expect that after a while without transmission problems the communication would go up to the highest available speed.

The specific device has currently 9 channels (sensors, switches, dimmers, ....) and 7 of them are reporting their status at the minimum time of 30 seconds. The device is currently still at 2.07 and has no security or mulit-channel enabled.

I can see that ALL the communication from the device and as well from the controller is at 9600 baud only. Do you have any idea why this is the case and what reaction from the controller would be needed in order to switch again to a higher data rate?

Best regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
PoltoS

Re: Kommunikation at ZWave-protocoll only at 9600Baud

Post by PoltoS »

Can you update routes from the controller? Is it using 9.6 with other devices too? Try to include it again (w/o exclusion - will update it's neighbours)
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,
sorry for not updating the status of this topic here...

I already updated the neighbors in the past and that fixed the issue, the device was back at 100k. But recently it is "down" to 40k again! But I can't see that a routing is ongoing, so there is a direct communication between the node and the controller, both sending the messages with "speed modified" flag...

So there is something strange going on here in my network...

I am working with my own transceiver in the same network, but I don't mess around with this device or the controller, so I can't see why this keeps happening.

I just updated the neighborlist and the device is again back at 100k. The device is approx. 0.3m away from the controller, so there is absolutetly no need for routing for this device.

So why is the device keep going down in the speed? Why does a neighborlist update solve the issue (temporarily), even if there is no actual routing involved?

Very strange...

Best regards,
Andreas.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This might happen if some 100kbps transmission failed and then 40kbps succeeded. Then last working route (LWR) will be used. And neighbours update reset this LWR
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

but my expectation was/is that when a communicatin on 40k with the "speed modified" flag set is successful, that this will re-enable 100k transmission, as both party can see that the other device is capable of the higher speed.

And beside that, I could not notice an active routing...

I will keep an eye on this and when the device goes down again to 40k (or below) I will try to read out the neighborlist and LWR and check if there is an actual routing.

Thanks,
Andreas.