Watchdog timer

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
droll

Watchdog timer

Post by droll »

My Z-Uno application is hanging every couple of weeks, without responding anymore to any events. I have to perform a manual power cycle to reboot the application again. My initial assumption was that a stack overflow, but I think there should be sufficiently headroom to avoid that this is happening. The failure status report announced for one of the coming releases will certainly be very helpful to understand better the root cause of the problem.

A solution that would also be very helpful for me and that could in general add an additional level of security to any Z-Uno applications would be the availability of a watchdog timer. PoltoS mentions in thread Reboot board that such a watchdog timer is available via ASM instructions. So I would like to ask for support to use this watchdog timer, or more specifically, what are the commands required to:
  • Configure the watchdog timer
  • Start the watchdog timer
  • Reset the watchdog timer (periodically in the main app loop)
Thanks for your help!
PoltoS

Re: Watchdog timer

Post by PoltoS »

The hardware watchdog timer that we can enable is not configurable, so only two commands will be available: Start and Kick. We will think about adding it to the 2.1.1. Current 2.1.0 is almost out in beta - may be it will solve your problem