Problem with multiple sensors

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
dualarrow

Problem with multiple sensors

Post by dualarrow »

I'm having a lot of trouble getting more than one sensor (or anything else for that matter) to register against my Vera Edge. I have cut the script back to the following

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
    ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY(ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_TYPE_GENERAL_PURPOSE, getter),
    ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY(ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_TYPE_GENERAL_PURPOSE, getter)
  );

byte getter()
{
  return 0;
}

void setup() {
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
}
This is being compiled in Arduino 1.6.5 Not sure how to tell the version of the z-uno plugin but it's the one that matches arduino 1.6.5

My Ver Edge can add the device, but it will only get the name of the device I add it as and "_Appliance Module". Its missing the 4 sensors I added.

Am I missing something ?
pjpankhurst

Re: Problem with multiple sensors

Post by pjpankhurst »

I tried using Vera Edge with z-uno using 4 Thermometers and and 5 General purpose binary sensors.

Whilst Vera did the inclusion it didn't do anything very sensible with the channels, and the binary sensors whilst appearing didn't display anything, all they had was the on/off buttons.

In general Vera doesn't seem to play nicely with the z-uno, I also noticed mine slowed up horrendously after the inclusion as the UI was timing out.
It might be worth trying the ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_DOOR_WINDOW(getter) instead to see if that works any better.

I gave up on vera and moved across to the Hauppage/zipato controller for my testing as that supports z-uno a lot better
dualarrow

Post by dualarrow »

Thanks for that info. I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes.
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

I have experience with Fibaro HC and Z-Way, but unfortunately not with Vera. But I was involved in a topic that mentioned Indigo. Seems by default it did not display all sensors... So it might be related. But of course, I might be completely wrong about that. I get the impression you guys seem to get enough sensors on your controller. You should have a (slave) device for the total number of channels plus one for each type of channel. So for "4 Thermometers and and 5 General purpose binary sensors." that would be 4 + 5 + 1 + 1 = 11. Also the information below might apply to Vera:
PoltoS wrote:
15 Oct 2017 23:41
What controller do you have? I believe the problem is in the Associations/MultiChannelAssociations type?

When you have three channels of the same type, only the first can be reported if you have only Association assiged in LifeLine group. But if you use MCA (MultiChannelAssociations), all are reported. This is according to the Z-Wave Plus rules.

This is also why it works when polled explicitelly - the controller sends specially embeded MultiChannel command.

Please try to remove node #1 (controller is usually it is #1) from the the Association group #1 and add in MCA #1:0 (channel 0 of the controller). It will work then
petergebruers wrote:
17 Oct 2017 11:33
In Indigo, when changing associations, do you see a distinction between "single channel" and "multi channel"? PoltoS wants you to check if your controller "1" was listed under "single". If it was, please remove it and add it under "multi". On Fibaro, you see two colums, one marked S and one marked M.
This solved the problem on indigo.

Does this help?