Questions about zunoStartLearn()

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
knst08

Questions about zunoStartLearn()

Post by knst08 »

1. Is it possible to get whether z-uno is in learning state? I'd like to indicate learning (board red led is not visible as z-uno is inside case).

2. Native indication is not clear - it blinks with red led but looks like it indicates start of learning instead of learning state. If zunoStartLearn(30) is called (should initialize 30 seconds learning according to documentation), red led on the board blinks only for 5 seconds.

3. Inclusion in z-wave network works only if z-uno is able to directly communicate with controller - Fibaro HC2 in my case. If z-uno is far from controller it does use z-wave network members nearby to reach the controller. While other z-wave devices utilize z-wave mesh network for inclusion. Is there a way to make z-uno register without direct connectivity to controller? Maybe I need to configure it somehow?
petergebruers

Re: Questions about zunoStartLearn()

Post by petergebruers »

Have you put a check mark to the option "NWI" on your HC2 "add devicew page? It means "network wide inclusion". By default, the option is off. I have tried this a few months ago and it worked for me, far away from the controller. But you have to enable this option!
knst08

Post by knst08 »

Yes. NWI is checked. But I've just brought zuno right to the controller. And inclusion does not happen... Tried both with and without NWI
Event pushed empty sketch to be sure it is not something in my project that prevents inclusion. No luck..
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

Forgot something: can you please try to exclude again? Even when youealready did that?
knst08

Post by knst08 »

Yes red blinks frequently, green with about 2sec period
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

So LEDs are OK. Can you please try to exclude (delete) it properly (On HC: devices, add or remove device, delete device then 3x click Z-Uno B button)? About 1-2 meter away from your HC.

And if that is OK, include it again but this time with the option "NWI - Network-Wide Inclusion" checked (active) before you click on "Add" and the device in its final location...
knst08

Post by knst08 »

You are right, removed device with learning and was able to add it again. Looks like zuno thought it was already included while HC was not agree :)
Thank you!

Do you have any hints regarding question 1 - is it possible get callback when learning starts/stops or read somehow whether zuno is currently learning?
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

That is good news!

Unfortunately I do not know how to detect if it is "learning"...
knst08

Post by knst08 »

Anyway you've made my day :)