multiple sensors and vera

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Tillsy

Re: multiple sensors and vera

Post by Tillsy »

Has any progress progress been made with this?

I purchased a Z-UNO two weeks ago and on the first night had no problems controlling multiple relays. However, I have spent every night for the two weeks since struggling to make inputs work.

They show up in the Vera, but no matter what I do I only get feedback for the first. I have polling OFF and depending upon the two-way communication of Z-Wave Plus.

Now, I understand the Z-UNO documentation makes it abundantly clear this is intentional. That only the FIRST of the same type of sensor will report back.

However I am completely stumped as to what you are meant to do about this. There's all this talk about de-coupling from the "life line", using association groups, multi command classes, and other buzz talk. No code, no examples, just buzz works that make no sense to me.

For example:

1. "Set parameter 12" - no difference :(
2. "Please try to remove node #1 (controller is usually it is #1) from the the Association group #1 and add in MCA #1:0 (channel 0 of the controller)" - what in the world does this mean?!?
3. "Multi channels are not available in the user interface, only by raw commands" - okay, but still no help?

I'm thinking I am missing something really obvious - you would think you simply create inputs just like you do outputs and they simply work, but I have been pounding my head with this for two weeks and am incredibly frustrated.

I simply want a second, third, fourth sensor to work with zuneSendReport(x) commands...?

I have a Vera Plus so am thinking this thread might be related - but if that were the case surely Z-UNO and/or Vera would work together on this. And if so, why does the documentation and posts here acknowledge that there IS some complication with multiple inputs that you're meant to work around... except no example of how to do so. And in fact, the 10 channel example code has no such workarounds... so why all the talk of there being complications when the example program doesn't even acknowledge this as being required, but all the talk of it being required having no examples. Really really stumped what is going on here...
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

Surely multiple inputs of same type can be handled... it makes no sense that you can only have instant updates for one?

I was even thinking of using a single multi-level input instead and using bitwise operations to handle multiple inputs within a single input to bypass this issue.

But then during testing realised multi-level inputs can only update at most every 30 seconds.

Arrrgggghhhhhhhhhh :(
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunatelly, this is a requirement of the Z-Wave protocol. But you can change this default value: you can do it using parameter 11 http://z-uno.z-wave.me/z-wave/configuration-parameters/
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

Cheers, I'd prefer not having to go to the extent of creating a workaround through a multi-level value though.

Surely there is a way to get a second and third binary sensor input working?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Wait, I', confised.

Do you mean that multiple Binary Sensor do not work for you in Vera?

All with same type?

Have you tried to make them different types? (use popular like door/motion/smoke/..., Vera don't like rare types)
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

Correct, let's say I create three binary door sensors.

All three show up in Vera (actually six but we all know that's how it goes). They have the door icon. They look good.

When a state change occurs for the first and a zunesendreport(1) is issued the Vera updates the status correctly - it lights up great.

When a state change occurs for the other two and a zunesendreport(1) or (2) or (3) is issued the Vera does NOT update the status.

I can only get a single one working for a given type - so let's say I create three door sensors, or a door sensor + motion + some other binary, I can only get readings for the first one. Same as the original creator of this thread.

I can do other sensor types, but again only the first will work. So three multi-level sensors for example only the first will update.

Your documentation suggests this is intentional, but I don't understand what needs to be done to make it work...
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

Any thoughts? I've been beating my head against a wall every single night for two solid weeks now, I am so frustrated.
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

:(
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

Unfortuntately I do not own a vera (I am on Fibaro and RaZberry), but I would to try to help anyway. Vera supports the notion of "polling" I suppose? So if your Z-Uno was included as a mains type device, vera should show correct status for all sensors after polling. If that does not work either, I suspect we'll have to look at the code in your getters.
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

What do you mean by including as a mains type device?