Opnehab 2 interoperability proposal

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Post Reply
aleconakad
Posts: 16
Joined: 18 Jan 2016 15:25

Opnehab 2 interoperability proposal

Post by aleconakad » 22 Nov 2017 11:35

Hi,

I am currently working on supporting a sketch under Openhab2. It works fine when I define the device XML in OH2 correctly.The problem arises if I want to have a second Z-Uno with another sketch supported, because OH2 does not support yet dynamic endpoint detection and still requires a predefined device XML for accurate device detection.

After checking the reported node xml from OH2 corresponding to the Z-Uno device, I see that the Command Class Version is reported back as supported (I guess this is a must for each Z-Wave device). The application version being reported is in my case 2.11, that is the latest Z-Uno firmware version.

Is it possible to provide an API for Z-Uno to be able to set this application version from inside a sketch?
By doing so, we can set a different version for each sketch, and based on this version, we define a specific device xml in the openhab2 binding fitting to the endpoints of this sketch. This will provide a 100% interoperability for multiple Z-Uno devices in the same network under Openhab2.

Do you think it is possible to include such change in next update?
Thanks

User avatar
PoltoS
Posts: 4268
Joined: 26 Jan 2011 19:36

Re: Opnehab 2 interoperability proposal

Post by PoltoS » 22 Nov 2017 11:58

Hi!

We think abiutaking ProductID configurable. In 2.1.3

aleconakad
Posts: 16
Joined: 18 Jan 2016 15:25

Re: Opnehab 2 interoperability proposal

Post by aleconakad » 22 Nov 2017 13:04

Thanks! :D

When is it due?

aleconakad
Posts: 16
Joined: 18 Jan 2016 15:25

Re: Opnehab 2 interoperability proposal

Post by aleconakad » 15 Oct 2018 14:39

Hi!

can I already start trying out the configurable ProductID feature in some beta release?
When is 2.1.5 due?

Thanks

User avatar
PoltoS
Posts: 4268
Joined: 26 Jan 2011 19:36

Re: Opnehab 2 interoperability proposal

Post by PoltoS » 20 Oct 2018 00:34

We will make a pre-beta next week or so. This feature is already implemented, please wait a bit more

Post Reply