z-wave communication occasionally stops

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
knst08

z-wave communication occasionally stops

Post by knst08 »

Ran into following situation:
z-uno is registered in z-wave network (controller - fibaro)
It exposes multiple - bin switches , power meter and for diagnostics purpose uptime sensor (sensor reporting seconds since z-uno start).
At some point value of sensor stopped changing, device stopped reacting on changing switch state from controller ui.
Device is still alive - there is external watchdog that reboots z-uno if it does not ping it within 40s, besides device has physical button to turn off all switches and clicking it acts as expected.

Looks like z-uno core z-wave functionality stopped working and my code stopped receiving callbacks (getters setters) .
Is there any way to tell whether core z-wave logic is alive? I'd like to check it on periodical basis and reboot device in case of z-wave failure...

I can just check how long ago uptime sensor getter was called , it sends reports each 30s so if within >30-40s getter was not called, it is something wrong with z-wave communication. But it is rather hack than honest solution...
PoltoS

Re: z-wave communication occasionally stops

Post by PoltoS »

Please check the stack usage in your sketch. If your code is complext, in radio interrupts the stack might be overflowed hence it might happen that it stops working.

v2.1.1?
knst08

Post by knst08 »

Yes 2.1.1
How can I check the attach usage, are there any way to get exact values, or staring at the code is only available analysis?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please try the Debug option in the Arduino IDE to see (via USB or via RF - USB is better) debug events. They are defined here: https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Uno-Core ... ons.h#L120

This will allow you to catch possible problems easier.