Z UNO Relay

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Lightwave

Z UNO Relay

Post by Lightwave »

I need to get a grasp on what parts I need to create a zwave battery powered low voltage relay. Need to latch switch isolated 3-6v. Very new, speak slowly.
PoltoS

Re: Z UNO Relay

Post by PoltoS »

You need a bistable relay that remains in its position without power source and that requires a pulse to change position. Otherwise your battery will drain fast
Lightwave

Post by Lightwave »

Well, I’ve thought about, and I understand where my problem lies. Sensors go to sleep and wake to report changes. My device would have to be constantly listening for commands from the controller.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can do FLiRS
Lightwave

Post by Lightwave »

I couldn’t see that guy’s sketch 404 error. What’s FLIRS? Fwd looking Infra red?
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

I am "that guy", I am the author of the sketch. The code is public, I cannot explain why you get a 404. I've tried on my laptop in browser incognito mode and it works, so it has nothing to do with security. Strange!

I explain what FLIRS is on that page. You need FLIRS because you want to send commands to a battery operated device...

The full address of the page on github is:

github.com/petergebruers/Z-Uno-FLiRS-LED-DEMO

Or use "search" on github and this keyword:

Z-Uno-FLiRS-LED-DEMO

I'll copy the intro here for your convenience:

I always wanted to have a battery operated Z-Wave device, which I could control... For Instance, an LED light. Apart from a "Siren" and a certain Remotec IR controller, I could not find any other FLiRS implementation. Well, that was 2 years ago and ... now, in 2017, FLiRS thermostats exist and we have the Z-Uno! I thought it would be cool to have my own battery powered LED light! Just for fun and giggles. With Z-Uno firmware 2.1.1 this is possible! So I wrote this sketch, added lots of debugging over serial and lots of comments. As an LED I use the built-in white LED, so you can try this sketch without adding any hardware. Power consumption is really low. Idle current on my test board is about 100 uA at 3.6 V and around 70 uA at 3.0V. Of course, it still uses 40 mA for at least a second if it wakes up, so you need a good battery with low internal resistance.

This is my second published Z-Uno sketch, so I would really appreciate it if you could have a look at it and give me some feedback. BTW my first published sketch is here: https://github.com/petergebruers/Z-Uno-BH1750>