Light switch and Sensors

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Vesuvious911

Light switch and Sensors

Post by Vesuvious911 »

Hello all,

I am trying to set up my z-uno to be a light switch and have different sensors like a door and temp sensor.

I am stuck however, I have the channels setup

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
  ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TEMPERATURE(getterTemperature),
  ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_HUMIDITY(getterHumidity),
  ZUNO_SENSOR_BINARY_DOOR_WINDOW(getterDoor),
  ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterLight, setterLight)
);
The binary switch channel isn't being transmitted to HomeAssistant. I can see my temperature, humidity, and the door sensor, it's just not creating the switch channel which is for a light. I'm not sure what I am missing. Because if I take out all the sensors and leave just the binary switch, it works and I can see it in HomeAssistant and toggle it. If anyone has any tips let me know. Thanks
PoltoS

Re: Light switch and Sensors

Post by PoltoS »

I suggest you to make Switch Binary the first in the list. Not sure how HomeAssistant is doing with Z-Wave spec, but looks it is sensetive to the type of first channel.
Vesuvious911

Post by Vesuvious911 »

I did this, and I got it partially to work. The switch now shows up in HA but it seems like it isn't transmitting the data, and it also seems to kill the other channels. Z-Uno should be able to do both though correct? It should be able to be a switch and sensor all as one, do they have to be on specific pins or anything?
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

I've had similar issues for, as of tomorrow, three weeks now and getting nowhere...

When it comes to outputs Z-UNO is outstanding.

For inputs, crickets... you hear them... it's all I hear... :(
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Here is a good description of how to do that in Vera

https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f ... =30#p73009

At least Tillsy is happy now ;))

But I assume HimeAssistant is not doing well with channels. Does it work for multichannel devices? Does it allow templates to be selected/edited?