ZUNO_BLINDS

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
kartono

ZUNO_BLINDS

Post by kartono »

Hi all,

what im trying to make is a blind control for a 12vdc motor

this is going to be my first project with the ZUNO, has anyone got an example on how to use the "ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(ZUNO_BLINDS(getterFunction, setterFunction))"

Thanks for any help :) :)
PoltoS

Re: ZUNO_BLINDS

Post by PoltoS »

it is same as SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, but the resulting icon in the controller will be different. So just take any dimmer/servo example
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

G'day kartono

I have recently done just that. Not directly controlling a motor, my blinds are a nightmare to talk to so I wired directly to their remote control (attached photograph is an early prototype), but the principles are still the same.

Basically the setter will receive a value between 0 and 99 - 0 is closed, 99 is open, and obviously any value in-between is a specific position. You can then react accordingly.

Be sure to store the new position so that your getter can return it - just in case the Z-Wave gateway ever requests it.

I went a step further for my setup. I calculated the timing of the motor traversing the blinds and wrote an algorithm to manage the timing of this from whatever the current position is (could be open, could be closed, or could be a partial position) to another position (which likewise could be all the way open, all the way closed, or another partial position). I then activate either the opening or closing and, when the calibrated amount of time has elapsed, I then activate a stop. End result is I can say "Hey Siri set blinds to 50%" and they move to that - even though the blinds themselves have no such capability. Has been fantastic for my daughter who always has sun shining in her eyes when we have dinner.
Attachments
IMG_8299.jpg
IMG_8299.jpg (377.76 KiB) Viewed 5592 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Nice job!

Would be nice to see your projects in our projects gallery. May be you would share it once done
kartono

Post by kartono »

thanks Tillsy for the share,

my Z-Uno will be arriving this week so hope to start my build soon.
:D :D

Anyone used the Fibaro HC2 for the blind control?

from what i have read you send a 0-99 for the control, 0 being open 99 closed.

my question is do you use two outputs?

Thanks
Attachments
roller blinds.jpg
roller blinds.jpg (461.33 KiB) Viewed 5575 times
jfngw

Post by jfngw »

What type of blinds, vertical, roller or venetian. They all have slightly different requirements for position control.

I have a three z-uno controlling vertical blinds as I could not find any z-wave units available.

if they are vertical you can have a copy of my code, it is a starting point.

I used a Qubino Flush Shutter module for the roller blinds with a dc mottor.