New 2.1.3 build is ready! Z-Uno with Z-Wave Security S2 support!

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
PoltoS

New 2.1.3 build is ready! Z-Uno with Z-Wave Security S2 support!

Post by PoltoS »

This build introduces the new Z-Wave Security S2 encryption - the most secure IoT protocol!

You can get it from http://z-uno.z-wave.me/files/z-uno/test ... index.json repo (note the test-ucxx in the middle!)

What's new:

New features
  • Z-Wave Security S2 implemented
  • MultiChannel is supressed if only one channel is defined (no duplicate widget will be shown in your controller).
  • Associations reworked - up to 32 groups are now supported (1 LifeLine + 31 control groups) up to 8 nodes in each group.
  • Libraries can now be located in the sketch folder - added user folders to search path for libraries.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed Wakeup CC (broken in 2.1.1)
Notes on S2
  • To benefit from the newest Security S2 you need to have a modern S2 capable controller. RaZberry users can check the beta v3.0.0 release candidates.
  • You need to change the bootloader from non-secure/S0 to S2 version. This is done by selecting S2 from the menu Tools->Security (see the screenshot). Then do Tools->Burn bootloader.
  • To locate the Z-Uno PIN (also known as DSK or ZWS2DSK) check the log of the Arduino IDE (see the screenshot).
  • Z-Uno supports S2 Unauthenticated, S2 Authenticated and S2 Access.
  • Z-Uno can autodetect the security scheme used by the recepient, so it can control devices with any S2 security level provided the corresponding key is granted to Z-Uno.
  • Z-Uno with S2 support can not control/support S0 security scheme. If you need to control actuator with S0 security only, either downgrade to S0 your Z-Uno or use rules on the controller to receive S2 sensors notifications and send S0 commands to the S0 capable actuator.
  • In S2 variant of Z-Uno the user code is limited to 6 Kb only. This is enough for most of devices.
  • This is a not yet certified Z-Uno software - we plan to certify it soon in the Z-Wave Alliance.
Z-Uno with Z-Wave Security S2 support
Z-Uno with Z-Wave Security S2 support
Z-Uno-S2-menu.png (224.71 KiB) Viewed 9941 times
This version will be hold in test bed for about a week and then be released if no problems found. //UPD released//

Our next ambitious goal is to certify Z-Uno with Security S2!
sega66

Re: New 2.1.3 test build is ready! Z-Uno with Z-Wave Security S2 support!

Post by sega66 »

That's great news! Where can I find out more about which controllers support Z-Wave security S2? How many channels on the new firmware?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Can't tell you a lot about S2 controllers yet. RaZberry is still work in progress (but already working stable). Others will come soon too I believe.

As for channels, same as in 2.1.2: 32 channels. The only limitation compared to non S2 is the code size: 6 kB only.

Note that you can still use non S2 bootloader with full 28 kB. Both are now available depending on the Tools->Security menu
donic46

Post by donic46 »

The code size limitation going to stay this way forever? or is it just in the test build?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We might increase it by 2k more. Is it critical for you? We made a huge improvement in code generation and now most sketches do fit in 2-3k
donic46

Post by donic46 »

My code at the moment occupies 26k, no way i can reduce to 6-8k :(
sega66

Post by sega66 »

My code has a size of 6500 bytes, will it work? Why the Arduino IDE writes 1.8.5 free 32 Kb?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Because there is know way to tell it we have less ;)

@sega66 6.5kB on 2.1.3? A bit to much for S2 but we might add 2k more soon. We see a way to free some space.

@donic46 26kB ??? What are you doing there? ;) Please note that since 2.1.2 we made huge optimization in the compiler and the code stripped by 4 times!
sega66

Post by sega66 »

PoltoS Thank You ! I really like Z-Uno and right now I'm using 26 channels with the controller Zapato. Z-Uno is now to control the heating of the entire house! Zapato already made changes in the firmware and now the temperature sensors work in the rules. (This is under review). But I do not have enough 1 KB to use my code. When You are able to add memory? You have turned out a great product!!
I will buy it again and advise others !
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Thank you for using Z-Uno! People like you encourage use to continue the development of Z-Uno. We still work in optimization of the code and we believe to save more space and optimize more our code. Still it might be worth to look in your code to see how it can be optimized to get smaller and fit in 6kB. Our be design is very flexible and allows more optimal way to write code.

If you share your code (in private if you don't want to share it) we will try to give advices in optimizing it for our latest compiler