Trying to exclude ZUNO_BLINDS device (using SmartThings)

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
vangoober

Trying to exclude ZUNO_BLINDS device (using SmartThings)

Post by vangoober »

I received my Z-uno this evening (finally!!!) and have been playing around with modifying the RadioBlink function and connecting the Z-uno to my SmartThings controller. I'm using the (new, not Classic) SmartThings app to add devices. My first attempt was successful in adding the Z-uno as a single channel ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL. I was then able to exclude the device again in the app, which then requires a handshake response (triple-tap on the Service button) from the Z-uno to complete the exclusion; the app then confirms the successful removal of the device.

I then modified the code to change the ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL type to the ZUNO_BLINDS type, again with a single channel. I successfully added this device in the SmartThings app. When I tried to exclude it, though, I didn't see a request for the Z-uno to respond with its exclusion, which i thought was odd, but I figured it might be because common blinds devices might not support unpairing...? What's strange, now, is that when I change the device type in my sketch back to ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, SmartThings still recognizes the device only as BLINDS when I add it. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I didn't successfully (or completely) exclude it?

Do I need to use a Z-uno configuration parameter to be able to change it to another device type? If so, is there an example for how to do this? I've seen elsewhere in the forum the discussion of turning on debug mode (related to configuration parameter #1?) but I'm not sure how to enable this.

I also just noticed looking through ZUNO_Definitions.h that ZUNO_BLINDS isn't there... ?
vangoober

Re: Trying to exclude ZUNO_BLINDS device (using SmartThings)

Post by vangoober »

Additional note -- I tried performing a reset of the Z-uno (Service button 5sec, then triple-tap) but this did not make any change in the response.
vangoober

Post by vangoober »

OK... I decided to "Erase NVM All" and this allowed me to change the device type again. Now that I know I have that backup, I'm going to try adding the Zuno as some other device types to see if they have the same issue.
-G
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Looks strange. Factory had to do the job