Multichannel sensor and Domoticz

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Benoit-

Multichannel sensor and Domoticz

Post by Benoit- »

Hello, first I would like to thank you for having created the Z-Uno platform, it is a clever combination of Arduino and Z-Wave :-)

I have developed a pollution sensor, which has 4 channels ;
  • Temperature : length of 1 byte ranging from -40 to +125 °C
  • Relative Humidity : length of 1 byte ranging from 0 to 100 %
  • PM10 concentration : length of two bytes ranging from 0 to 1000 µg/m3
  • PM2.5 concentration : length of two bytes ranging from 0 to 1000 µg/m3
Channels are setup as follows :

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
	ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch1, setterSwitch1),
	ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_RELATIVE_HUMIDITY,		SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SCALE_PERCENTAGE_VALUE, 	SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_ONE_BYTE, 	SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ZERO_DECIMALS, humidityGetter),
	ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_TEMPERATURE,				SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SCALE_CELSIUS, 			SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_ONE_BYTE, 	SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ZERO_DECIMALS, temperatureGetter),
	ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_GENERAL_PURPOSE_VALUE,	1, 											SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_TWO_BYTES, 	SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ZERO_DECIMALS, pm10Getter),
	ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_GENERAL_PURPOSE_VALUE,	1, 											SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_TWO_BYTES, 	SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ZERO_DECIMALS, pm25Getter)
);
Using the OpenZWave control panel of Domoticz I can see all values, with quick update when refreshed (the switch is just for testing):

The attachment ZUnoOZCP.png is no longer available
So far only the Temperature & Relative Humidity are visible and correctly updated as Domoticz devices :

ZUnoOZCP.png
ZUnoOZCP.png (19.29 KiB) Viewed 2384 times

I have read in several threads about the missing support of Multichannel sensors in Domoticz, however I think there is a way to modify the existing ZUno.xml description file to make the missing channels appear as devices in Domoticz, do you think it is possible ?

If not, what alternative method could I use to get the values of the 4 channels ? I was thinking about the OpenZWave JSON API maybe ?

For information under Jeedom and Z-Way servers (which are (*) Jeedom seems to be also using OpenZWave) all channels are visible and usable normally.

Best Regards,

Benoît.

(*) Edited for correctness following to remark.
Last edited by Benoit- on 10 May 2019 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
PoltoS

Re: Multichannel sensor and Domoticz

Post by PoltoS »

Can not help with Domoticz, but Z-Way is not based on OpenZWave at all ;)