Directly control Danalock with ZUno

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
alpenflizzer

Directly control Danalock with ZUno

Post by alpenflizzer »

Hello!

I am currently building my third ZUno Application and want to achieve direct control of a Danalock V3 BLE+ZWave.
However, I have problems to do so...

According to the documentation, i use

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_ASSOCIATIONS(ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE, ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_DOORLOCK );
to setup associations.

Later in my code, when a certain event is triggered (i.e. dry contact of my fingerprint reader is closed), I send a report about it to the controller (works perfectly fine) and do also use

Code: Select all

zunoSendToGroupDoorlockControl(CTRL_GROUP_1, 255); // Open
to trigger an door lock open event in my association group #2.

I have added my Danalock to this association group, but when I try everything out, the Danalock won't do anything. (Controller is updated correctly...)

Did anyone manage to control a Danalock V3 using direct association with ZUno? If so, help or guidance would be very appreciated!

Thank you!

BR Sascha
alpenflizzer

Re: Directly control Danalock with ZUno

Post by alpenflizzer »

Hi,

I wrote to the Danalock support in the meantime and to my surprise, they already answered.

This is what they wrote:

"It is not possible to control the Danalock without the primary controller being involved. 
Since our Danalock users have the possibility to use the Danapad, we have decided not to support direct association. 

It might be possible to connect the fob to a Z-Wave controller and via the controller connect to the Danalock."

So, it is not possible to directly control the Danalock V3 BLE+ZWave with any device through direct association. Even not with ZUno.

Too bad... Maybe this post provides a shortcut to anyone asking the same question...

Best, Sascha
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

They are wrong. It is!

Just make sure to use same security keys on Danalock and in Z-Uno. They should both share same level.

For example if your Danalock is S0, make sure Z-Uno is secure too and S0 key is granted. If your Danalock is S2 (Access), Z-Uno should also be S2 with Access key granted. If Z-Uno is insecure or has lower security level as Danalock, the direct association will be ignored by the lock for security reasons
Kepex

Post by Kepex »

Bought a Danalock V3 Bluetooth and Z wave for nearly 320$ last week. Now I am waiting for its delivery, it might take a couple of days more, but hopefully next week I'll have it. With all that I have bought a couple of doors, as I want to change them all, so now I have to cut and to install the lock, which I won't do on my own as I do not have any experience in this field. I've seen a lot of reviews about Danalock, and seems the 3rd Version is the best one, I'll have to test it next couple of months and If I will like it, I'll probably Install one on the entrance door.