z-stick not communicating

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
carlism

z-stick not communicating

Post by carlism »

I'm at a loss. I've got a number of light switches installed and a GE 45601 remote that I'm using as a primary controller. It all seems to work as expected.

I got a z-stick 2 and connected it to a raspberry pi and followed all the directions. I've got the z-agent talking to the z-stick and to z-wave.me. It all seems to work perfectly. I can get the controller info from the web interface and it sees a aeon labs device and all.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to communicate with anything else. I tried disabling the SUC/SIS and joining it as a secondary but everything just times out. I am using the GE remote to send the network info to a secondary. The two never seem to see each other.

I've tried deleting a switch from my remote and using the z-stick button to add the switch to it directly. The Zstick is supposed to change it's led flashing pattern when it sees the device button press. Nothing happens. It's as if they aren't even talking the same language. Maybe I got a european z-stick or something. Is there a way to tell?

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I just can't work out what. I've tried resetting the z-stick using z-wave.me and it doesn't help. What am I missing?

Thanks
Carl
PoltoS

If your stick is not on same

Post by PoltoS »

If your stick is not on same frequency as the remote, the stick should not even be included in the network. So, if you can include the stick in the network of a remote, they are both on US. If your remote have not enabled SUC/SIS on the stick while it was including it, Z-Cloud would not be able to include devices. In that case you have to run re-include the stick from time to time to update network topology.

Make some primitive tests: try to reset the stick and use it to exclude a device (it is always possibl to exclude a device from any network).
carlism

Turns out I've got a euro zstick.

Post by carlism »

I went back and checked my order. When I placed the order I didn't know zwave came in two flavors. I've got the wrong one.