Aeon Labs Multi sensor interview

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ralli

Hi, same problem

Post by ralli »

Hi guys,

I have the same problem. So it seems some of your customers have it. Ca you guide us at least to configure it in the expert mode or any other way? We may have hands on it even for beta versions, but we need your guidance.

One thing really curious is that I made it work once and it appeared "interview complete". I was not getting all but motion and battery (those always works) and another sensor for temperature. Did not see humidity and light but when going to /var/log/a-way-server.log I was able to see data values for all: humidity, light, temperature, batt and movement.

Only thing, I don't know what I did to get it working. Certainly sad... :-(

ralli

I made it work again (only motion, batt & temp)

Post by ralli »

Hi guys,Oppps, I did it again ;-)

http://ubuntuone.com/5ZzzOhnk4Hg5rmuSDq1J3m
http://ubuntuone.com/60K7Bv7G3XrkfX8Z2D7grd

I suspect what I did ok is the following.
1. exclude the 4in1
2. include the 4in1
3. select manually the 'Aeon multisensor' in the "device description record" (within devices configuration)
4. tick all checkboxes in the periodically unsolicited reports (interval group 1). Set the time bvelow for that group to 1 minute.
5. Ask manually for interview (advanced actions). Press the 'sensormultilevel' and then the button in the 4in1 several times.
6. It fails, but after some time (15-20min) it appears as I describe with the pictures above.

Although through the z-way UI I can only see temperature (besides motion+batt in other instance) in the var/log/z-way... file I can read data of humidity and light from time to time (periodic reports).

Once it works I change back the time for unsolicited reports of group 1. I put 60.

Hope it works for others too. I won't reconfigure it again just in case ;-)

PoltoS

We have tested, the lates

Post by PoltoS »

We have tested, the lates version of this sensor is based on SensorMultilevel V5. Our UI does not support it yet. We will implement it very soon.
caveguard

good, really looking forward to support for this device!

Post by caveguard »

Hi

keep up the good work, looking forward to support for this device.

CG
PoltoS

Forgot to write in this

Post by PoltoS »

Forgot to write in this thread, it was implemented in the latest version - please update.
Interpunktor

Z-Cloud and local Z-Way (RaZberry) behave quite different

Post by Interpunktor »

I found these hole z-wave stuff quite interesting and began 3 days ago starting with a small infrastructure consisting of one AEON LABS Multisensor and a RaZberry.
It was really simple to set up the lokal Z-Way-Server on my PI and after some short time i saw the Sensor and also temp, humidity and light data.
Nevertheless due to a lot limitations and missing functions on the local system i went to Z-Cloud.
I set up the Z-Connector (see other post in the RaZberry-area) and connected successfully the RaZberry to the cloud-system. After that i included the Multisensor. The Device wasn't identified correctly but after selecting manually the correct description record i thought everything is fine.
But... No!
No temp, humidity and light data in the sensor-area.
After a lot ex- and (re)include-games i now went back to my local System. This is quite disappointing.

My Question..: Is the local Z-Way server installation featured with "better" device descriptions?

And a little programming hint to the development team:
It would be very simple to sort the device description records alphabetically before feeding the popup-menue. This will give the user a really easier way to find the entry he want.

regards
Klaus

PoltoS

You are right, the UI in

Post by PoltoS »

You are right, the UI in RaZberry knows about the new multisensor capabilities, while Z-Cloud not yet. We will update it in future.

As for sorting the list, we sort it by relevance, not by name. To show you the most relevant device's records first.
JCLB

Roadmap

Post by JCLB »

Do you know when it will be supported in Z-Cloud ?

FW is 1.18 since august 2012 as stated on http://aeotec.com/partner/z-wave-firmwa ... ultisensor
PoltoS

yes, we know, but we are more

Post by PoltoS »

yes, we know, but we are more focused on the RaZberry project and Z-Cloud is a bit aside now. We will do our best to make this change.
Colin

Update?

Post by Colin »

Hi PoltoS,

I bought my Razberry last week.

I'm wanting to buy the Aeon Labs Multisensor for my Raspberry Pi & Razberry setup. However, I only want to buy this multisensor if all the functions are now working correctly with Razberry. Can you please tell me if the Razberry will now support all the functionality of this device?

P.S. Any chance you guys can add a Search Function to the forum so that it is easier to find other users with the same issues etc?

Thanks,
Colin.