Remote control for Danfoss living connect

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
LAN-Opfer

Remote control for Danfoss living connect

Post by LAN-Opfer »

Hi,

is it possible, to use e.g. a Secure SRT321 as a "easy to use" remote control for a Danfoss living connect? The Danfoss unit is mounted near the floor and thereby uncomfortable to use.
In addition, it would be better to measure the actual value at a different Location - not near the Radiator.

Uwe
Z-Way v2.0.1-rc18 on Raspberry Pi
PoltoS

Re: Remote control for Danfoss living connect

Post by PoltoS »

only through controller: binding data from SRT321 to DLC. Directly not possible, since both are sleeping devices.
LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

I have also a Razberry - so it should work? Could you tell me, how I have to do the binding?

Uwe
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunately there are no predefined module like this.

You need to do pretty like:

zway.devices.ThermostatSetpoint.data[1].val.bind(function() { zway.devices[D].ThermostatSetpoint.Set(1, this.value); })

You can put it to Load Cusom Code module in Z-Way HA for example. Please make sure SRT321 sends you values as ThermostSetpoint reports and change S and D to correct nodeIds
LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

ok - I have just ordered a Secure SRT321 and will try to do it.

I have some trouble with the Webinterface (see viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=20716). Although I use a Chrome Browsr, I could not see all elements correctly.

THX

Uwe
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Just a side note:
If I remember correctly, the Danfoss Living Connect devices are PID controllers. That means, that to some extent, they should be considered as autonomous devices. Over the years people on different HA fora, including this one, have expressed concerns about sluggish response of these Danfoss devices. (I do not know if the new LC013 version are different from the older devices where users reported about).
In the end you may find yourself observing a battle between two "intelligent" devices: your controller and the DLC. Also be aware that frequent updates to your DLC may put a high load on your batteries.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

I hope to get the setpoint value from SRT321, wich is set by hand with the thumbwheel. I don't want to use it as PID-controller - I only want to ue it as 'stupid' operator terminal.

Uwe
pz1

Post by pz1 »

LAN-Opfer wrote: I don't want to use it as PID-controller
The Danfoss is a PID controller (see LC datasheet). So you have to live with its characteristics (PID Controller Theory)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

Yes - but I dont want to use the SRT321 as PID-Controller - it should only deliver the setpoint value for the DLC.
It would be ideal to get also the actual temperature value (I think, that is possible) and to bind it to the DLC (I think, that is not possible), so that the PID-Controller from DLC calculates the deviation with the values from SRT321.

Uwe
LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

...I tried the Jacascript - but I think, the Syntax is not ok
JavaScript code:
zway.devices[5].ThermostatSetpoint.data[1].val.bind(function() { zway.devices[4].ThermostatSetpoint.Set(1, this.value); }

The SRT321 is Id 5 and Danfoss LC is Id 4.

What is wrong?

Uwe