DüWi wall plug - don't send update when manually operated

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
AlphaX2

DüWi wall plug - don't send update when manually operated

Post by AlphaX2 »

Hi,

I have two DüWi wall plugs and the problem is, they are not sending updates to the RaZberry, if I switch them manually on/off. The z-way-server log show's nothing, when they are manually operated. Also there are no association groups in the expert view, but in http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/567 they are listed, but it seems there are different versions of this plug.

At the moment I want to use it with a MotionSensor, but want to be able to switch it manually off and in this case it's important that I can register the change.

EDIT: Found the following Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=20855 - same situation in my case, a manually send Get() updates the state.

Thanks.
PoltoS

Re: DüWi wall plug - don't send update when manually operate

Post by PoltoS »

Make sure to have RaZberry in Report association group
AlphaX2

Post by AlphaX2 »

As I wrote they show no Association groups in expert view. A setInterval, or manually Get() updated the state. But I'm not sure if it is good to do, because it causes lot of traffic/sending, isn't it?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Can you provide exact info on version of the device on info@ ?
AlphaX2

Post by AlphaX2 »

Thanks for your help, I've send an email with some pictures. i hope it will help you, let me know if there is something else that I can try/do.

AlphaX2
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Hope you'll report back here
Thanks
AlphaX2

Post by AlphaX2 »

I will. Interessting fact: the switch reports that it supports Hail (instant update), but never updates. I also tried Niffler app, but it is also not working, I also don't see anything in the log, when switching manually. Is it a problem to poll status every few seconds?! I mean health of the devices, energy?

Thanks.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

AlphaX2 wrote:I will. Interessting fact: the switch reports that it supports Hail (instant update)
I was curious about that too, because hail was introduced in one of the v2.0.1 release candiates. Since the status of my Duwi was not very critical, earlier this year I ended up doing 1 minute polling regime.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is original Duwi plug, not Z-Wave.Me upgraded. It does not have report group and does not report it's status instantly.

Hail does not mean "instant update". It means "Hello" - just a ping in Z-Wave. But in US some manufacturers used it to notify about state change to trigger polling (this was to overcome existing Lutron patent).

In Duwi device Hail was to rebuild network topology.
tomshuette

Post by tomshuette »

thats very confus. a status report is a basic functonalty... the approval prozess is not strong enough!