Z-Way/RaZberry got a new option with 3D User Interface

Official announcements from Z-Wave.Me team. Check this forum to get information about new releases and bug fixes.
PoltoS

Z-Way/RaZberry got a new option with 3D User Interface

Post by PoltoS »

THRONE company known for their luxury 3D User Interface for KNX, HDL and other wired technologies is now compatible with RaZberry!
THRONE on iOS on the wall
THRONE on iOS on the wall
3000х2000 wall.jpg (83.19 KiB) Viewed 49691 times
THRONE UI allows to draw your home or appartment in an easy to use 3D designer and control your house from an intuitive UI. Compared to RaZberry original UI, THRONE UI is based on floor plan and is highly customizable to fit needs of a small appartment as well as of a big country house.

The price of THRONE UI compatible with Z-Wave/RaZberry is currently 149 USD. This is a special price valid during Indiegogo campain. You need to select the "perk" for 149 USD containing words Z-Wave. Once payed, you will be guided on how to install THRONE to your RaZberry and prepare 3D desgin of your home. This "perk" gives you immediate access to the THRONE UI.
THRONE on Android
THRONE on Android
planshetN10.png (123.16 KiB) Viewed 49692 times
Also in term of this campaign THRONE plant to make a stylish tabled THRONE Locus that will look like this:
THRONE Locus
THRONE Locus
Locus 1280 х 960.png (117.02 KiB) Viewed 49691 times
pz1

Re: Z-Way/RaZberry got a new option with 3D User Interface

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Looks like it has more potential than the Iridium Mobile offering.
Potentially interesting product to replace my present OpenRemote front end.
- I wonder whether this product will work with more than only one of my very low cost Android tablets.
- I am using 2 Zway installations; can I interface to both within one licence?
- It looks like one is bound to their on-line configurator, which is fine in terms of stability and updating. But it is a threat when a company goes out of business or ends their support. (one of the reasons why I want an alternative to my OpenRemote Pro installation)
- I wonder if they do provide 2D interfaces. Personally I am not to keen on 3D interfaces
- The Indiegogo price of 149USD for the Z-Wave integrated version seems reasonable to me. I'm afraid the final (doubled) price is rather high for most RaZberry users.

And of course a few nasty bugs in ZWay v2.2.2 need to be mended first...
chaosbooster

Post by chaosbooster »

I am Michael from THRONE team. Thank you for the feedback!
1. You can test your tablets with THRONE, simply install our demo from Google Play.
2. How many devices do you have? I think it could work within one THRONE project, so no limitations here.
3. We’ve been developing THRONE technology for 6 years already, and we have no plans to stop.
4. It is completely new approach to UI. Our goal is to bring new level of intuitiveness and power to home automation, so we will improve it step by step to reach this goal.
I will be grateful if you if you tell us, which z-wave functionality do you use.
fez

Post by fez »

Hi Michael.
I checked the demo app. I like the concept, works fine on a basic tablet, but could you please give us some more details?
On which level the Throne integrates Zway (using zway simply as an interface to the devices or on higher (automation) level supporting also virtual devices etc?
Could it coexist with a working Zway automation setup?
How about context based UI? For example if my z-wave enabled doorbell is pushed would is be possible to configure that it should automatically show the camera pointing to the door and eventually a door open button?
Navigating the 3d model is fine, but in many cases I would prefer not to navigate, but let the UI do that for me.
Any other detail would be welcome.
I would love an intuitive UI, one that any family member could easily use, because I am currently running mostly without it, I am just not yet convinced that this 3D UI worth its price.
Thanks.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

chaosbooster wrote:I am Michael from THRONE team. Thank you for the feedback!
1. You can test your tablets with THRONE, simply install our demo from Google Play.
Thanks, I'll have a look into that soon
2. How many devices do you have? I think it could work within one THRONE project, so no limitations here.
See link to my systems specification below for the Zwave devices.
I will be grateful if you if you tell us, which z-wave functionality do you use.
I do have a number of ZWay Apps (weather, my solar production, etc. that produce ZWay virtual devices. I would like to include those too in a UI. (user fez has a similar question)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
chaosbooster

Post by chaosbooster »

Pls send me your e-mail
fez wrote:Hi Michael.
I checked the demo app. I like the concept, works fine on a basic tablet, but could you please give us some more details?
On which level the Throne integrates Zway (using zway simply as an interface to the devices or on higher (automation) level supporting also virtual devices etc?
Could it coexist with a working Zway automation setup?
How about context based UI? For example if my z-wave enabled doorbell is pushed would is be possible to configure that it should automatically show the camera pointing to the door and eventually a door open button?
Navigating the 3d model is fine, but in many cases I would prefer not to navigate, but let the UI do that for me.
Any other detail would be welcome.
I would love an intuitive UI, one that any family member could easily use, because I am currently running mostly without it, I am just not yet convinced that this 3D UI worth its price.
Thanks.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Hi,
We are happy to announce that we’ve found a reliable and experienced partner for manufacturing of THRONE LOCUS hub. According to their evaluation, the manufacturing preparations will take less time than we estimated previously.

That means a very good news for Locus buyers: the solution will be available much earlier, presumably by November 2016!

But anyway, for starting the project, we need your support and feedback. So please help us make it happen! Puchase a perk including THRONE LOCUS within this campaign:

THRONE LOCUS - $499
THRONE LOCUS + 1 - $849
FULL PACK - $1099

Doubting of the purchase? Discuss it with your friend, or a contractor! Just send them the link this campaign https://igg.me/at/throne. We would be gratefull for any kind of feedback.
chaosbooster

Post by chaosbooster »

Dear friends,

Next week we plan to release the new version of THRONE with Z-Wave support. Now we are designing the further development of the system.

We all know that one of the most burning problems of wireless systems is the stability and quality of connection between the devices. That’s why we plan to add in the new versions a special “engineering visualization” mode. In this mode, a user will visually trace the connection parameters and operation of individual devices.

At the moment we have two working ideas:
- visualization of the remaining battery charge (for the relevant devices);
- visualization of connections routes of mesh network with signal level display on 3D map.

We believe, this will help on the stages deployment or network optimization. You will see the devices location and the connection route on 3D plan instead of spreadsheets.

What do you think about this? Please criticize or endorse of the ideas. Would these functions be useful?
free_electron

Post by free_electron »

What about support for existing hubs like Wink or Smartthings ?

The big flaw in your system is RF connectivity.

what about bluetooth devices ? zigbee devices ? philips hue ? nest ? wifi thermostats ( honeywell ) alarm systems (ademco and honeywell ). the plethora of systems running on 458 and 422 Mhz ( blinds control , luxon , lutron , cooper )

The problem is all the various radios. Wink hub and smartthings or logitech hub already have the required hardware and necessary radios. but .. their user interfaces are invariable CRAP.

Bolt Throne onto a Wink hub or Smartthings hub and you have an instant winner.
fez

Post by fez »

Did this project got any further?
It went quite quiet after the big announcement. The Indiegogo campaign was also no success.