Raz as a Secondary Controller - setup?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
DavidL

Raz as a Secondary Controller - setup?

Post by DavidL »

Hello,
We are testing the Raz board for integration into our myServer automation system.

Trying to extend the Raz range by adding a secondary controller to test how our software will manage secondary controllers. I have not found any definitive documentation on how to do this.

Here is what we understand from going through forum posts:
"You can include on as a secondary controller into another one. Use standard Include node on the primary and StartLearnMode on the secondary (first reset it to factory)"

Raz v2 with latest firmware has six devices included and interviews complete and I click "Secure Mode". This is currently and wanted to be the Primary Controller.

Raz v1 with it's latest firmware has zero devices and we clicked the "Controller Factory Default" to reset the chip. this is wanted to be the Secondary Controller.

Click on Raz V1 "Secure Mode" and then "Start Controller Change" from the Expert menu / Control tab. We see the UI say "Ready to Include new Primary. Press a button on the device to be included". The text says "This starts an inclusion process for a new controller. This new controller will become the new primary controller of your network." Which controller is "this"? V1 or V2? I assume the V2.

Click on Raz V2 "Start Inclusion" (the "button"?) on the Expert menu / Control tab. Neither device indicates they are "talking" to each other. The V1 times out within about 30 seconds and reverts back to normal Primary mode.

Enter / Leave different Networks: Raz v1 says "Include into Network" but that is Grey and unclickable.

Raz v2 says "Leave network MY NETWORK" in same field. Also grey and unclickable.

V1 and V2 are within 10 feet of each other.

Once we get this to work, I would be happy to write up some documentation for the community.
David
http://allonis.com
DavidL

Re: Raz as a Secondary Controller - setup?

Post by DavidL »

No feedback?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You need Start Learn Mode on one and Include Device on the second.
jeey

Post by jeey »

PoltoS wrote:You need Start Learn Mode on one and Include Device on the second.
Has "learn mode" changed or been removed in 2.3.0 ?
Its there in 2.2.5 but not 2.3.0
DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Thank you polto for the response.
I think you can see from my post that that is what has been tried.
The two devices never "handshake".

to jeey's comment: Has anyone tried this recently with latest 2.3.0?
Is it now broken?
ebaugh

Post by ebaugh »

I've been trying to do this as well.
I have brand new Razberry controller, on Pi with fresh installation from Z-wave.me

Loaded it then did upgrade (to both firmware and general sw - 2.3.0)

On Expert UI, going to Network->Control, the "Include into Network" button under Enter/Leave different Networks never gets enabled. I'm not clear how to enable this.

I've tried adding Inclusion and Learning Mode on my Wink V2 Hub and nothing ever changes here.

Could it be physical distance? How close together do they need to be for this to enable?
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

I tried it once 2 month ago with a Raspberry and i included a D-Link DCH-G020 to the Raspberry,
this worked without a problem. I assume that you must be in Z-Wave distance, i would try it in
1m - 2m distance to be sure that it isn´t a distance problem.
But i didn´t try it with 2.3xxx
Best regards
Nico
DavidL

Post by DavidL »

I have the two RAZ V1 and V2 controllers sitting right next to each other.
DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Is the forum the best place to get support?
I have also sent an email and have not gotten any feedback other than "we will be right with you"...
Two weeks?
DavidL

Post by DavidL »

ebaugh, Seems that there is a bug in 2.3 that prevents secondary controller support...will be fixed in next release.