Razberry Range?

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
JHCain

Re: Razberry Range?

Post by JHCain »

I've tried a couple of different rooms in the house, and the setup works well in the same physical locations with the USB z-wave stick instead of the board.
Ericv

Post by Ericv »

I was experiencing time outs in the connection between Razberry V2 and a Fibaro FGS222. Distance seemed to have an effect: if the switch was close to the Razberry board it worked well, but when the switch was in the next room the time outs occurred. (next room means a distance of about 6 meters, and one wall)

Currently I have separated the Pi2 and the Razberry board. Connection between the two boards is now with jumper wires, length about 20 cm. This setup has clearly improved the range. The switch also works in the next room now.

As a result of this experiment I think a setup with the Razberry installed on the Pi will need an external antenna, to improve the range.

I was looking for an instruction for installing an external antenna. Have found one for the original board, but not for the V2 board. is there any info available on how to install an external antenna for the V2 board?
Ericv

Post by Ericv »

Bump.

Does anyone know how to install an external antenna to the V2 board?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Solder u.fl and move 0 Ohm jamper to disable built-in antenna and route the RF signal to u.fl
Ericv

Post by Ericv »

Thank you.

'Move 0 ohm' jumper: where do i find this jumper?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Checked it, u.fl looks to be always connected. So just solder it. And then you can cut the wire toward the built-in antenna
rapmaster

Post by rapmaster »

I've got a V2 but the freq is for AU 921.42Mhz, is this an easy job?

I'm assuming I need to find an external antenna for 921Mhz?

Dunno if a few Range extenders will fix the issue, maybe.
OneWorld

Post by OneWorld »

Hi,

I have the same range issue...
Some one can upload video about
“How to install an external antenna to the V2 Razberry board”?

Thanks