Release 2.0.8?

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
PoltoS

Re: Release 2.0.8?

Post by PoltoS »

2.0.10 is on the way. Few cool feature to come in this release. Dynamic configuration of channels from the sckets and an example of a sketch implementing serial AT-like protocol. Also Arduino IDE 1.8.5+ support. Unfortunatelly it was shifted to the end of June.

Beside that we are doing preparation for S2. Most of the work is done in the direction of minimization of the code - otherwise S2 will eat almost all avaialbe space of user sketch.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,
PoltoS wrote:
04 Jun 2017 02:16
2.0.10 is on the way. Few cool feature to come in this release. Dynamic configuration of channels from the sckets and an example of a sketch implementing serial AT-like protocol. Also Arduino IDE 1.8.5+ support. Unfortunatelly it was shifted to the end of June.
sounds good, support for a newer IDE is always good news :D
What about the user defined config parameters?
PoltoS wrote:
Beside that we are doing preparation for S2. Most of the work is done in the direction of minimization of the code - otherwise S2 will eat almost all avaialbe space of user sketch.
Yes, I can imagine that implementing AES128 and Curve25519 will eat up a lot of resources. Implementing the "old" Security S0 functions doubled the size of the ZWave code in my system (without counting the use of an external AES128 library). Now Curve25519 comes on top of that and the functions in S2 are also more complex due to the handling of the SPAN/MPAN... :(

I expect that "S2 unauthenticated" will be used as there is no DSK available, or are there plans to implement a DSK (in future versions of the Z-UNO)?

I have another device here for testing that has support for S2 in the NIF, but it seems not to be fully up to the standard. The device requests a key for an authenticated class without having a DSK...

BR,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We will do all S2 schemes and remove S0. So, will be S2 access/authenticated/unauthenticated. S0 will be removed to save space. If you want S0, got back to the older f/w (2.0.10 or 2.0.11 will be the latest with S0 support).
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

I hope I can implement at least a basic support for S2 in the near future, so I personally don't need S0 any longer. But I wonder how you can support "authenticated" S2 without having a DSK on the Z-UNO?

For the moment I am not sure how fast the "other" system will be supporting S2. For the moment it seems that also Z-Way does not support it right now... Will it come "together" for Z-Way and the Z-Uno?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

S2 for Z-Way and for Z-Uno are two different works in progress made in parallel. Z-Way S2 beta will come this month I believe.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

PoltoS wrote:
05 Jun 2017 11:44
S2 for Z-Way and for Z-Uno are two different works in progress made in parallel. Z-Way S2 beta will come this month I believe.
thnx for the information, I will have a look for the upcoming beta versions of Z-Way then.
10der

Post by 10der »

still no RGBW color switch CC.
pants! :(
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,
PoltoS wrote:
any update for the release date?
You might update the Roadmap, according for this a 2.0.11 is already out ;)

Andreas.
10der

Post by 10der »

any update for the release date?
You might update the Roadmap, according for this a 2.0.11 is already out ;)
do we need some developers for your project?
I'm starting to get frustrated with the project and buying a device....
Black Cat

Post by Black Cat »

I just read the proposed road map and see some big developments ahead.
User defined Parameter(s) is a big plus for developers and I for one am eager to see it developed.