New to Z-Wave

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Leed

New to Z-Wave

Post by Leed »

Hello,
I'm new to Z-Wave and have some newbie questions.

I have to decide between the Razberry2 and the UZB1 (with license). I read the Razberry2 has a stronger antenna is this correct?
I thought about going with the UZB1 to be more flexible and may use it on another RPi or Clone or x86/x64 in future. Can I count on longterm support for the stick?

Second question. If I'm using a dual wall switch but connect to only one light, can I use the second switch even if its not connected to a light source for switching other devices like a wall plug?

Cheers and thx
PoltoS

Re: New to Z-Wave

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, the stick will be supported for few years from now.

Sure, you can use the second group too
Leed

Post by Leed »

Thank you!

So stick is future proof...

Is it true the the razberry has a stronger antenna? In case of features and hardware both are close to identical? or are there any differences?
I want to choose bet option for me.

Cheers
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, RaZberry is a better option, unless you put it into a metallic enclosure ;) BTW, with RaZberry you can solder an external antenna.
Leed

Post by Leed »

Hello,
thanks for your reply.

I'm really torn about the decision to go with Razberry or UZB1+License.

Razberry2 has better antenna and UZB1 is more flexible as I may switch to a real server if my network goes bigger.

So a question would be how much better the razberry2's reception is...is it just 10%-20%?

Can you outline why you would go with the razberry2? Is there a successor of the UZB1 or Razberry in the works?

Thank in advance

Cheers
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Just because UZB have a smaller antenna and it stands outside of the enclosure - means can be broken easier