[SOLVED] "Elements" doesn't show anything anymore

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
dralli72

[SOLVED] "Elements" doesn't show anything anymore

Post by dralli72 »

Hello,

I've started with Z-Wave Smart Home today, and after the first successful attempts (like including a Fibaro Motion Sensor), I've run into the first problem: everything under "Elements" is gone, when I click on it in the toolbar, it just shows "There is no device installed yet".

During the setup, I've added some of the elements to the dashboard, all of these are still visible on the dashboard und functioning proberly, for example the Fibaro Motion, Light and Temperature Sensor are visible on the dashboard and show correct values. If I move in front of the motion sensor, the status changes from "0" to "1" on the dashboard and so on.

I think the problem started when I've played around with "tags" for the devices and had a strange effect: After I've added some tags to a device and accidently clicked on a tag name (not the red "X" to delete the tag), a different tag vanished (I think it was one to the left of the tag I've clicked).

While searching for way to solve this, I relaized that the device name of the Fibaro sensor in the expert UI is different from the name in the normal UI (the expert UI shows an old I've used for my first steps in z-wave.me)

I think that the database is somehow corrupt, is there a way to edit it manually and for example, remove the tags?

I'm currently using z-wave.me firmware v2.3.6, UI version 1.4.3, on a Raspberry Pi 3 with Linux 4.9.58-v7+ #1046 SMP Tue Oct 24 17:07:15 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux (Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)) and a Razberry board.

Any hints greatly appreciated.

- Thorsten
Last edited by dralli72 on 29 Oct 2017 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
dralli72

Re: "Elements" doesn't show anything anymore

Post by dralli72 »

Additional information: it may be possible that I had a filter for a tag active in the elements view and removed this tag from all devices since there was a typo in the tag. So may be the UI is still filtering for an unused tag and doesn‘t show me the option to remove the filter.
dralli72

Re: [SOLVED] "Elements" doesn't show anything anymore

Post by dralli72 »

Just realized that this was a problem with my browser. When I used a different browser, everything looked fine. So I cleared the cache in Chrome and everything is ok now.