Eurotronic Spirit external Sensor

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ridewithstyle

Eurotronic Spirit external Sensor

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi guys/gals,

after being with ZWay for over two years and unsuccesfully (http://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3419&t=24080) trying to create a thermostat that takes external values as an input, eurotronic sort of helped me out.

They released the Spirit Z (flirs, yaaay) that allows to configure an external temperature sensor as its input. So far, I simply used a Fibaro window sensor 2 and used (just for kicks) the association feature so the sensor only reports all the info to the spirit Z. And.. it works. Which triggers new/old desires.

I want to input a median temperature to the spirit, meaning I want to take the output of the mathematica module which does some magic to a couple of values and feed it into the spirit.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-11-08 21-55-43.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-11-08 21-55-43.png (59.19 KiB) Viewed 5543 times
Can anyone help me, how I can use any given mathematica value to direct a multilevel_sensor value to the spirit? I am well aware that this would only work if the razberry is operational but I am willing to make that sacrifice.

Taking just an e.g. devolo temp controller feels like a cheat.

Thanks and best regards,

rws
IgoriokLT

Re: Eurotronic Spirit external Sensor

Post by IgoriokLT »

I'm using Spirit as Thermostat device in Advanced Thermostat App with the external temperature sensor, works for me so far.
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi there,

thanks for the reply. I took a look and I can both pick the thermostat and the mathematica value as input. So does the virtual thermostat app send the chosen value to the thermostat? If that's the case, then I'm all set.

Thanks and best regards,
rws
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi there,

it doesn't seem to work properly.

My average Room Temperature influences the thermostat in some way, but not a good one. In the room where I tried out the virtual thermostat, the thermostat keeps on heating even if the target is set to something around 18°C and temperature reached 24°C. As soon as I disable the external temperature by setting the parameter 8 to 0, the valve is being closed and proper operation resumes. So Virtual Thermostat does something but not what I presumed what it would do.

Eurotronic Support told me that the spirit requires MULTISENSOR_SENSOR_REPORT, Type "Air Temperature". How can I check what reports are being sent to the spirit? Can I set up a debug trace to better understand what's happening or not happening?

Kind Regards,
Torsten