Warning icons in UI - how to reset?

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
brusan

Warning icons in UI - how to reset?

Post by brusan »

Hi,

After a power outage, the normal icons in the UI are replaced by warnings, see image. The system is working as usual but I can not find a way to reset the icons to their normal state. Have tried restarting the server as well as restarting the Raspberry Pi.

Wazzup?
ui_with_warnings.PNG
ui_with_warnings.PNG (50.92 KiB) Viewed 9881 times
br /Brus-Per
IgoriokLT

Re: Warning icons in UI - how to reset?

Post by IgoriokLT »

I've had same issue. Try next: go to Customize -> Local Icons, then click Select Icon, and then click Delete Checked. After that install new Icon Pack from Online Icons. This may help.
Bastldd

Post by Bastldd »

Hello,

This is new in V2.3.6. this will be normal, if your devices communicate with your Controller.

Make a NIF or wake Up your devices.

Regards
brusan

Post by brusan »

I did a NIF but that did not change the icons, any other idea?

Just to be clear: The server communicates with the devices as usual. I can control the lights so the communication is ok but still the icons signals a problem...
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

I have exactly the same problems; several icons show the warning, but everything works as expected, doing a NIF, or Force Interview does not help, although these jobs complete successfully.
z-wavettaja

Post by z-wavettaja »

Same here. Few icons started to show warning, anyhow those works as expeced and I also have tryed different things to get those icons back to work, but no luck.
Raspi 4(Buster), Zwave Version 4.0.2 (7.28), Raz 7 Pro
IgoriokLT

Post by IgoriokLT »

did you try to reinstall icons as I described above?
brusan

Post by brusan »

Yes, I tried that but they immediately reverted to the warning icon. Before I reinstalled the icons one (only one) of the 16 devices I have all of a sudden reverted to the normal icon and have stayed normal since. Odd behavior... To the best of my knowledge, I have no issues in the network, the Noise Meter reads -79dBm and -88dBm for Channel 1 and 2, respectively.
ibjr

Post by ibjr »

Also in my case some (but not all) of the devices returned to the normal state, but after switching off (and back to on) the power of the whole house, several went to the failed state again; and they did not revert to the normal state, although all devices are fully operational. Changing icons, doing an interview or requesting a NIF did not solve the issue.
I resolved this by stopping the z-wave-server process, and editing the configjson-xxxxxxxx file: I replaced all "isFailed":true by "isFailed":false, and starting the z-wave-server again. Now all devices are OK. Ik looks like the "communication state OK" is not processed correctly?
z-wavettaja

Post by z-wavettaja »

ibjr wrote:
23 Nov 2017 13:23
I resolved this by stopping the z-wave-server process, and editing the configjson-xxxxxxxx file: I replaced all "isFailed":true by "isFailed":false, and starting the z-wave-server again. Now all devices are OK. Ik looks like the "communication state OK" is not processed correctly?
I also tryed this to 2 devices. Result was that I lost all my element names and active applications :cry:
Ofcourse I don't have backup.

Good thing is that I'm still just setting up system and trying thins, so it's not majoure problem. This remains me to make backups working before production setup.
Raspi 4(Buster), Zwave Version 4.0.2 (7.28), Raz 7 Pro