Advice with IFTTT Webhooks and Z-wave.me HTTP Device

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Kositch

Advice with IFTTT Webhooks and Z-wave.me HTTP Device

Post by Kositch »

Hello,

I am total newbie in programming, so I would appreciate your thoroughful help with this problem:

I have 3x Wi-Fi MyDlink DCH-S160 flood sensors which supports IFTTT. I would like somehow to be able receive water detection status (simple on/off) to Dashboard on my Z-wave.me server.

I did some research and I think it would be possible by using IFTTT Webhooks and Z-wave.me HTTP Device.

My idea is to set action in IFTTT when water is detected, create post command using Webhooks service to some URL, I mean it would post just status change: ON. Then my HTTP device would read this status change and would change status in binary element to ON.

But I don't know how to do it, in Webhooks service on IFTTTT I need to fill in some URL (which?), method (POST/GET/PUSH), Content Type (plain, json...).

I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks a lot!
Eagle

Re: Advice with IFTTT Webhooks and Z-wave.me HTTP Device

Post by Eagle »

Hi kostich,
this is only realizable, if your zway server got a dynamic domain. There a serveral free ddns providers.
Ifttt webhooks is not capable of saving cookies, wich you receive and need for authentication over zboxweb.
Once you got a dynamic domain, you will be able to use basic authentication in your post and get commands (just like sending them in your private network to a specific ip adress).

Without a dynamic domain your only able to send commands from zway to ifttt and not vice versa.
PoltoS

Re: Advice with IFTTT Webhooks and Z-wave.me HTTP Device

Post by PoltoS »

You can still do it using find service.

There is even an example of zcmd.php helper that can help to pass find.z-wave.me authentication.

You can use things like this from your Android using HTTP Shortcuts app.
The attachment Screenshot_20180613-023119.png is no longer available
Screenshot_20180613-023119.png
Screenshot_20180613-023119.png (102.02 KiB) Viewed 3642 times