Multiple sensors under one multiLevelSensor command class

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
havivi

Multiple sensors under one multiLevelSensor command class

Post by havivi »

Hi all.

I'm using DHT11 to create temperature + humidity multi level sensors. I've initialized my ZUno with this sensors like this:

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
  ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TEMPERATURE(getterTemperature),
  ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_HUMIDITY(getterHumidity)
);
In my app, I asking for the node capabilities, and I get that the node have multi channel command class with 2 endpoints - one for the temperature sensor, and the other for the humidity.

2 questions:
1. I'm wondering if there is a way to have only 1 channel with 2 sensors in it, so I can query for the desired sensor using the sensor type.
2. using the zunoSendReport to report sensor value change, the report received in the controller don't have the endpoint value, so if I have 2 temperature sensors for example, I won't be able to distinguish what sensor sending me the updates. Is there a way to send the endpoint id with the zunoSendReport function?

Thanks!
PoltoS

Re: Multiple sensors under one multiLevelSensor command class

Post by PoltoS »

1. No. This is Z-Uno limitation. One feature = one channel.
2. If you have set only Association to LifeLine (group #1), you will get info only from the first channel of each type (due to the mapping). To get info from all channels you need to use MultiChannel Associations. In that case values will be reported for each channel individually as you desire.
havivi

Post by havivi »

Thanks PoltoS!

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by using MultiChannel Associations. I do see that my Zuno supports MultiChannel Associations command class (version 3). I do see that my zuno have only one group defined (group #1, LifeLine), and it connected to my controller (node 1).
What do I need to do in order to get the channels events? Add another association group to my zuno? (I think not, as DHT11 example don't add new group). Add some node to the group (but the controller is already on it)?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Group #1 should contain 1:0 instead of just 1
havivi

Post by havivi »

Thanks Poltos! It worked!
Riri

Post by Riri »

Hi
For users who use eedomus box with z-uno, configuration for multi canal is with command COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION :
Pour les utilisateurs de la box eedomus avec le z-uno, le passage en mode multi canal est le suivant avec la commande COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION :
2018-06-26 (2).png
2018-06-26 (2).png (42.55 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
Do command GET after SET for verify.
Faire la commande Get en suivant pour vérification.

It's work fine :)
Ca fonctionne très bien

Eric.