Battery devices showing as failed in 2.3.8

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
brizz

Battery devices showing as failed in 2.3.8

Post by brizz »

Great update, some really cool new features in there and it pulls together the rules and schedules really well. Everything seems to be working okay, too.

One problem I am having since 2.3.8 is that most of my zwave battery devices now show as having failed after the server has been running for a while (I'd estimate a day or so). The icons show a ! and their status in the API isFailed is true.

They are still updating as normal, with the timestamp underneath showing that most of them sent data within the past 30-40 minutes. The icon is just stuck in isFailed mode.

In the expert UI, everything looks okay and no failed zwave nodes. Also the /ZWaveAPI and /JS/Run APIs do not show the nodes as failed. There are no failed nodes listed in the Network section of the expert, and the health does not list any as it has in the past if a node has failed. It just seems to be in the /smarthome frontend.

It's not a massive problem as the devices are still working, triggering rules, etc. Just not showing their icons and triggering my diagnostics script as they read as failed from the ZAutomation AIP. Any suggestions on what to try would be appreciated! I have loglevel set to 0 and grep'd for the word 'fail' and didn't seem to get any results. Let me know if there's anything else that'd be useful.
Attachments
dead.png
dead.png (77.23 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
expert.png
expert.png (7.61 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
health.png
health.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
api.png
api.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
expert.png
expert.png (7.61 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
health.png
health.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
api.png
api.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
expert.png
expert.png (7.61 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
health.png
health.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
api.png
api.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
PoltoS

Re: Battery devices showing as failed in 2.3.8

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like a home automation part problem. Can you help us debug it? We might need access to Z-Way. Or we can ask to point where to look to let you check where the problem resides
brizz

Re: Battery devices showing as failed in 2.3.8

Post by brizz »

Thanks for taking the time to diagnose this. The pi that the zway is on doesn't have direct internet access, but if you tell me where to look, I can check and post the information here.