No channels registered when selecting S2 security

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
froggy

No channels registered when selecting S2 security

Post by froggy »

I just bought a Razberry and Z-uno to automate my doorlock. I have an issue that when I set Z-uno in S2 security mode the controller (Razberry) registers the device but without any channels. I did the test with the SimpleBinarySensor exemple without anything connected to Z-uno:
- in No Security mode it works fine, Z-way registers the device with 2 channels that are updeated when I press the button.
- in S2 mode Z-way registers the device without any channels. The sketch seems to work on Z-Uno as the LED reacts to the button. I followed the instruction to update the Z-uno bootloader as described on the web page.
What can be the cause of this behaviour?
PoltoS

Re: No channels registered when selecting S2 security

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Way (the s/w working with RaZberry) has two versions: 2.3.x without S2 support (v2.3.8 is the current stable) and a v3.0.0 (still in beta, but works pretty well). Either use S0 security with v2.3.8 or S2 with v3.0.0
froggy

Post by froggy »

Thanks for the explanation. The Z-way webpage mentions that it suports S2 without mentioning that this is valid only for the beta version :)
froggy

Post by froggy »

So one more question - what is the best way to upgrade Z-way to the beta version?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Same as to a stable one