Expert UI: hops, neighbours and route map

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
platypus

Expert UI: hops, neighbours and route map

Post by platypus »

Hello,

I placed three battery powered sensors (no. 6, 7, 12) at places where there is no stable connection to the gateway (1). Then I added a range extender (no. 14) between these sensors and the gateway. Since then they work much better. Every 15 minutes three or four report’s per sensor are now received.
For testing I unplugged the range extender (from 21:21 till 21:37, see attachment). During that time communication to no. 6 completely failed and communication to 12 partially failed. This makes clear: 6 and 12 use 14 as a hop. But at > 99 % of the monitored connections the zniffer history doesn’t show this hop. 21:39:00 and 21:41:01 are the first and only times I ever saw this column filled. Why doesn’t it show the hop?

6 can only communicate to 1 via 14. But in the network neighbours view there’s never a connection between 6 and 14. Also between 14 and 1 there is no neighbourhood displayed.

Same issues can bee seen on the route map. The system runs since many days but doesn't update these informations. I even restarted the raspberry once (after that restart, communication via 14 didn’t work until I pushed 14’s button once). That made no change. Also rebuilding (reorganization) the network with manual waking up the sleeping sensors made no change.

Is my RaZberry or Z-Way installation defective or are these diagnostic functions not working properly in general yet?

And a general question: Is it possible to figure out the signal strength between the devices and the repeater?
Attachments
hops.PNG
hops.PNG (459.04 KiB) Viewed 7966 times
enbemokel

Re: Expert UI: hops, neighbours and route map

Post by enbemokel »

Hi,
you only see the the information about the hops if the Controller is sending to clients.
as far as I can see you don´t need the Repeater, as your clients are reaching the controller
also without. But, you can see a better connection with the repeater, 100 kbps against 40kbps.
Regarding the route view, i realized that this may be updated after days.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

enbemokel is correct - standard Z-Wave library reports only outgoing packets routes.

If you check our latest 5.37 (will become public this month), you will have also incoming packets routes. This is a cool feature avait only in Z-Way.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can already try the 5.37 if you enter "all" token in the update form
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

I will try it.
Is it save to update from 2.3.8 to actual 3.0.0-rc26? (3.0.0-rc27)
Should one use a middle FW?
Would be good to know ;-)

Just upgraded to 5.36, 5.37 isn´t shown with "all" token?
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

I just tried too.
I have 5.36, "all token" just gives me downgrade to 5.27
with v2.3.8
I have tried a few beta releases of 3.0.0 none have been good. Always go back to v2.3.8
Last try was v3.0.0-rc17 installed 18/01/2019 'An unexpected error occurred during loading data. Try to reload the page' (when changing some(most) apps)
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We will check why it is not online
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

did you restart the whole system? I know this 'An unexpected error occurred during loading data. Try to reload the page' very
well from different tests all over the last 2 years. Normaly Z-Way-server should be restarted, I always start also the raspberry.
micky1500

Post by micky1500 »

Yes I did.
A restart didn't work, so tried a power cycle too.
But after a power cycle I have 90% of my devices missing.
They come back after sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server restart

I guess I will wait until a stable release of v3.0.0 is launched.
Raspi 4 - (Buster - 32 Bit) Zwave Version 4.1.1, Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.38
Frances10

Post by Frances10 »

Well in most of the cases,power cycle is not required.Restarting works at first..If its not working in your system,then it becomes quite complicated case..Would search at my sources and report u back soon MySchoolBucks