Controlling multiple Z-Wave RGBW Bulbs

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
donaluis

Controlling multiple Z-Wave RGBW Bulbs

Post by donaluis »

I've got two of the Aeotec ZWA002 LED Bulb 6. Using an Aeotec Z-Stick and Home Assistant/OpenZWave.

Whenever I issue a command to change both bulbs to a new color, one starts to change noticeably before the other. Sometimes 3-8 seconds before. They both get to the new color but looks visually odd when changing out of sync. new projects in kanjurmarg

Is this a limitation to the design of Z-Wave? Could it be something up with my Z-Wave network? Both bulbs are very close to the controller and I've healed multiple times. It's just annoying that they don't change colors at the same time. 1 bhk in vikhroli

Is anyone able to change two Z-Wave bulbs at the same time and have them actually update at relatively the same time?
Last edited by donaluis on 18 Oct 2019 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
michap

Re: Controlling multiple Z-Wave RGBW Bulbs

Post by michap »

Hi,
donaluis wrote:
11 Oct 2019 09:29
Using an Aeotec Z-Stick and Home Assistant/OpenZWave.
I think it is not the right forum for your question ;)

Generally, every Z-Wave device have a unique ID and each node is controlled individually, so that there can be no influence within the network.

I'm not sure, but I think HomeAssistant have integrated the OpenZwave Control Panel - so that you can check it here or in HAssistant logs.

Michael