Can Z-Uno be a controler?

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
pierre333

Can Z-Uno be a controler?

Post by pierre333 » 13 Apr 2018 13:08

Hello,

First, i whant to appologize for my very bad english...

I'am very new with z-wave protocl and the Z-Uno and i'am wondering if i can use the Z-Uno as a controler and 3 other Z-uno as activators.
Indeed, i whant to create this network :
1 z-uno controler -> z-uno activators1 with 3 relays
-> z-uno activators2 with 3 relays
-> z-uno activators3 with 3 relays

Thank you.

Pierre OLIVA.

michap

Re: Can Z-Uno be a controler?

Post by michap » 13 Apr 2018 18:31

Z-Uno can only act as Z-Wave device.

Michael

PoltoS

Post by PoltoS » 16 Apr 2018 01:30

But please note that even being a slave device Z-Uno can control other devices (switches/dimmers/...) including another Z-Uno.

So in fact you can make a "controller" (not in Z-Wave terms, but in human terms - something that controls another device by radio).

sil

Post by sil » 09 Oct 2018 12:41

But please note that even being a slave device Z-Uno can control other devices (switches/dimmers/...) including another Z-Uno.

So in fact you can make a "controller" (not in Z-Wave terms, but in human terms - something that controls another device by radio).
Hi PoltoS,

I'm not sure to understand well the answer.
Could I use a Zuno and for example a fibaro Dimmer module and a Wall plug and control it without box, and control them with the Zuno only?
Am I right ?

thanks

PoltoS

Post by PoltoS » 14 Oct 2018 01:03

No. In terms of Z-Wave it is not a controller. You need to use some UZB or Razberry

sil

Post by sil » 15 Oct 2018 21:53

Thanks PoltoS but this sentence was not clear for me !

Do I understand right: we could control a device (switch/dimmer or...) from the Zuno by direct association ?

Thanks to explain me!

PoltoS

Post by PoltoS » 17 Oct 2018 09:42

Correct. See ZUNO_ASSOCIATIONS for this

sil

Post by sil » 21 Dec 2018 13:40

Thanks Polto but it's unclear for me.

Now my Zuno control a power switch. And it's working with a controller but I would like to remove it, like a radio switch.

How to adapt the SimpleSwitch exemple ?

How to make the pairing procedure (ex for an AC switch ) ?

rrozema

Post by rrozema » 22 Dec 2018 23:32

Z-Uno can't do the pairing procedure itself. It needs a z-wave controller for this: a z-wave controller controls the network, not one specifc device. Z-wave devices, like for example z-uno, can however make other z-wave devices do things, this is where the confusion starts: in normal live this is often called "controlling" that device. Z-uno can make other z-wave devices do things or respond to other device's commands, but it always requires a z-wave controller to create the network.

EJsot

Can Z Uno be a controler

Post by EJsot » 10 Jan 2019 17:25

there is already psp/ps3 mini uno so you have to make your game looks like a professional one